SMP_REP_MANUFACTURERSection: SMP_UTILS (8)
Updated: January 2008
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEsmp_rep_manufacturer - invoke REPORT MANUFACTURER INFORMATION SMP function
SYNOPSISsmp_rep_manufacturer [--help] [--hex] [--interface=PARAMS] [--raw] [--sa=SAS_ADDR] [--verbose] [--version] SMP_DEVICE[,N]
Sends a SAS Management Protocol (SMP) REPORT MANUFACTURER INFORMATION request function to a SMP target. The SMP target is identified by the SMP_DEVICE and the SAS_ADDR. Depending on the interface, the SAS_ADDR may be deduced from the SMP_DEVICE. With one interface there is one SMP_DEVICE per machine so the SMP_DEVICE,N syntax is needed to differentiate between HBAs if there are multiple present.
OPTIONSMandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well.
- -h, --help
- output the usage message then exit.
- -H, --hex
- output the response in hexadecimal.
- -I, --interface=PARAMS
- interface specific parameters. In this case "interface" refers to the path through the operating system to the SMP initiator. See the smp_utils man page for more information.
- -r, --raw
- send the response to stdout in binary. All error messages are sent to stderr.
- -s, --sa=SAS_ADDR
- specifies the SAS address of the SMP target device. Typically this is an expander. This option may not be needed if the SMP_DEVICE has the target's SAS address within it. The SAS_ADDR is in decimal but most SAS addresses are shown in hexadecimal. To give a number in hexadecimal either prefix it with '0x' or put a trailing 'h' on it.
- -v, --verbose
- increase the verbosity of the output. Can be used multiple times
- -V, --version
- print the version string and then exit.
CONFORMING TOThe SMP REPORT MANUFACTURER function was introduced in SAS-1, with small additions in SAS-1.1 .
AUTHORSWritten by Douglas Gilbert.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2006-2008 Douglas Gilbert
This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SEE ALSOsmp_utils, smp_discover(smp_utils)
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:30 GMT, December 24, 2015