CRL2PKCS7Section: OpenSSL (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEcrl2pkcs7 - Create a PKCS#7 structure from a CRL and certificates.
SYNOPSISopenssl crl2pkcs7 [-inform PEM|DER] [-outform PEM|DER] [-in filename] [-out filename] [-certfile filename] [-nocrl]
DESCRIPTIONThe crl2pkcs7 command takes an optional CRL and one or more certificates and converts them into a PKCS#7 degenerate ``certificates only'' structure.
- -inform DER|PEM
- This specifies the CRL input format. DER format is DER encoded CRL structure.PEM (the default) is a base64 encoded version of the DER form with header and footer lines.
- -outform DER|PEM
- This specifies the PKCS#7 structure output format. DER format is DER encoded PKCS#7 structure.PEM (the default) is a base64 encoded version of the DER form with header and footer lines.
- -in filename
- This specifies the input filename to read a CRL from or standard input if this option is not specified.
- -out filename
- specifies the output filename to write the PKCS#7 structure to or standard output by default.
- -certfile filename
- specifies a filename containing one or more certificates in PEM format. All certificates in the file will be added to the PKCS#7 structure. This option can be used more than once to read certificates form multiple files.
- normally a CRL is included in the output file. With this option no CRL is included in the output file and a CRL is not read from the input file.
EXAMPLESCreate a PKCS#7 structure from a certificate and CRL:
openssl crl2pkcs7 -in crl.pem -certfile cert.pem -out p7.pem
Creates a PKCS#7 structure in DER format with no CRL from several different certificates:
openssl crl2pkcs7 -nocrl -certfile newcert.pem -certfile demoCA/cacert.pem -outform DER -out p7.der
NOTESThe output file is a PKCS#7 signed data structure containing no signers and just certificates and an optional CRL.
This utility can be used to send certificates and CAs to Netscape as part of the certificate enrollment process. This involves sending the DER encoded output as MIME type application/x-x509-user-cert.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:02 GMT, December 24, 2015