B43-FWCUTTERSection: User Commands (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEb43-fwcutter - manual page for b43-fwcutter
SYNOPSISb43-fwcutter [OPTION] [DRIVER]
DESCRIPTIONb43-fwcutter can extract the firmware for your Broadcom 43xx hardware from different closed source drivers. The b43 driver depends on this firmware files and can't work without them.
Currently b43-fwcutter supports Apple MacOS X, Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP and Linux drivers, but keep in mind that b43-fwcutter doesn't support all driver versions.
- b43-fwcutter bcmwl5.sys
- List supported driver versions
- Only identify the driver file (don't extract)
- -w|--target-dir DIR
- Extract and write firmware to DIR
- Extract alternative initvals (only 3.10.x.x)
- -p|--postfix ".FOO"
- Postfix for firmware filenames (.FOO.fw)
- Print b43-fwcutter version
- Print help information
AUTHORSb43 development team, http://bcm43xx.berlios.de
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:02 GMT, December 24, 2015